Metrics that matter
What is the OHFB?
The Organisational Human Factor Benchmark is a scientific-based organizational health (climate) diagnostics suite. It was developed by Afriforte and the WorkWell research unit at the faculty of Economic and Management Sciences of the North-West University. The diagnostic instrument is powered by a multitude of scientific theory, psychometrics, norms, benchmarks and a real-time workplace analytics reporting system.
Why measure Organizational Climate with this diagnostic?
1. Increase productivity and hence organisational performance
2. Reduce sick absenteeism rates
3. Increased customer satisfaction
4. Reduce industrial relations problems
5. Reduce unwanted employee turn-over
6. Improve safety
7. Improve employee health and lifestyle
8. Reduce medical aid claims and costs
This is achieved by driving:
1. Employee work engagement
2. Manageble stress levels and related organisational ill-health
3. Corporate citizenship levels
4. Organizational commitment
Through managing focussed interventions that:
1. Optimize the pace and amount of work
2. Optimize mental load
3. Reduce emotional load
4. Improve supervisory relationships
5. Improve the effectiveness of the performance management process
6. Improve role clarity
7. Support fit for purpose and situational leadership styles
8. Improve the effectiveness of communication and decision making
9. Facilitate employee growth and development
10. Improve person-fit (recruitment)
11. Improve competence
12. Improve peer and team relations
13. Improve career paths and opportunity
Organisational climate, health and human factor risks (safety, critical stress risks, burn-out, turn-over intention and corporate citizenship behaviour) by using accurate statistical tools and techniques that were developed over years of research. These diagnostics are correlated with employee turn-over figures, recordable case incident rates, industrial relations incidents, medical aid claims statistics, and the financial impact on the bottom line clearly indicated.
Report in real time:
On the state of the organisational health and its associated performance and governance risks. Individual feedback is available in real time reports within 10 minutes after survey completion, and is provided in a safe and confidential manner. We offer individual feedback face to face where serious risks are diognosed. Please note that anonimity is absolutely guaranteed and under no circumstances can or will we divulge individual employee responses. The management reports can be sliced and diced in numerous ways to provide accurate and relevant business intelligence and contain scenario simulation tools that optimise intervention design.
Design and implement:
Interventions that mitigate the highest impact risk factors, prioritised- no vanilla flavour approach. Our skillsets are built over years of experience and study, and are applied in combination to deliver maximum impact for our clients.
Where additional skills are required, we partner with our associates to compliment delivery, without sacrificing our accountability for delivery and results.
We do not believe in quick fixes and focus on sustainability. We are in it for the long run.